Saturday, 22 January 2011

ON PATHERWAY

When researching my project of seduction and sexuality, I was flicking through VOGUE magazine and GLAMOUR magazine where I noticed that for personal products such as perfume, make-up and clothing ranges use some form of seduction techniques to attract buyers. I then start to think about why we are attracted to these images of lust. We want to be wanted. We have this need to feel attracted so we buy items that make us feel a bit sexier about ourselves and things that can grab someones eye so we in turn get attention. To be these images play on peoples confidence issues as everyone will have doubts about themselves and the magazine uses these issues to make the viewer by these unnecessary items to make them feel a bit better about themselves. So is this a justice for the seductive imagery or is this a negative thing by using people?

These images I have taken are exploring the world of sexuality between the model and the camera. Without and actual advertising purpose do these images remain as 'art' or are they just images that are damaging young children's minds which is the cause of anorexia and dressing inappropriately. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment