Wednesday, 13 October 2010

My Diptych Pictures



It took me a while to figure out how to spell Diptych.  You wouldnt beleive the things I found when I spelled it as "Dip-dick"!  These are images that are completely different, but may or may not have something to do with another picture.  The first two show a great distance from the focus points, e.g. my face in the tube, the door on the train.  The last two simply show bars.  These represent barriers set up to protect.  The first one is to protect vehicles parked beyond the gate.  The second is to protect people from passing vehicles as they walk along the pavement.  These always remind me of the really early versions of the Television that spin around showing moving pictures inside (especially seeing as how the inventor actually got the idea form looking at a fence).

2 comments:

  1. Jacob, great attempts. We just need to get these organized as a diptych and triptych so we see them in the order and orientation that you intend. I can help you do this in photoshop, as can your CAD tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a much better arrangement of your diptych. It is focused and meaningful. I like that it seems like we are looking through the tunnel at what you see. A good, and ambiguous combination that makes us wonder. Good color usage as well.

    ReplyDelete